Selection criteria 2020
All applications will be assessed against three sets of criteria:
- expertise of the researcher (30% of the final score):
- a research and publication record that is commensurate with the career stage of the applicant;
- relevant preliminary work;
- a track record of successful international research grant applications or evidence of the potential for such successful applications.
- academic merits of the research project (50% of the final score):
- innovative nature of the research project;
- appropriateness of research design and methodology;
- impact of the research project on the advancement of the relevant academic discipline;
- feasibility of the project in terms of the proposed civic action and policy input (20% of the final score):
- relevance of the proposed civic action/ policy input for the applicant’s own professional and civic development;
- evidence of the applicant’s willingness and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from a range of different disciplines;
- access to research facilities and infrastructure required for the civic component of the project.